** What can I ride at NCMP? ALL SIZE DIRT BIKES. At this time, we are not allowing full size ATV’s for practice on our tracks or trails. Children with youth size ATV’s can ride our pee-wee track. A full size ATV can be used as a pit-vehicle to travel to and from our different track locations as long as the operator is over age 16 and is observing our park rules and pit speed.
1. When are you open? We are open year-round, 7 days a week from 10am – 5pm (weather permitting)
2. How many tracks do you have? We currently have 4 mx style tracks at NCMP. They are: Pee-Wee mx track, Intermediate mx track, Advanced/Race track & a SX style track. We also have several miles of woods trails for Intermediate / Advanced woods riders & a seperate 1/2 mile beginner woods loop.
3. How much does it cost to ride at NCMP? A membership is $40 ages 8 and up & $35 ages 7 and under (includes riding first day) and allows you to come back and ride as a member for $30 ages 8 and up / $25 ages 7 and under. This membership is good for one year and a membership card is issued. Please visit our “Fees” page for more info and pricing.
4. Can we camp at NCMP? Camping is allowed and encouraged at NCMP! Camping is primitive (no bath house) and you can camp at whichever track you choose. We “sometimes” can fill RV’s or water barrels with our water truck but it is not guaranteed and highly advisable to bring some water. We do not have water access at the track at this time. We have 3 porta-potties throughout the park and there is usually some firewood available. We do have 25 electric only hook-ups. You may enter after hours to set up and we will sign you in, in the morning – please let us know if you arriving after hours in advance.
5. How often do you race and on what tracks? We hold all AMA Sanctioned MX events on our 1.75 mile race track. We also use our SX Track for a night time Spring – Fall Nite-X series. We do not race on the Intermediate or peewee tracks. Usually once or twice a year we host a cross-country / hare scramble woods race as well.
6. What do I need to bring for my child to ride if only one parent can be present? On our site you can download and print the minor releases. The parent that will not be present must sign and notarize the release. The parent attending with the child can sign the forms at the park upon sign-in. If you are choosing the $40 annual membership, these forms will stay on file for one year.
7. When do you groom the tracks? We grade, water, and plow the race track for weekend practice only (Sat/Sun) Sawdust and fine mulch has been added to the dirt at the race track for a more loamy dirt that ruts up in the corners. We cannot prep during the week at this time. Our Intermediate Track & Peewee Tracks get attention as needed and watered for dust control on weekends. These tracks have a more hard packed surface for Beginner & Intermediate level riders. The drainage at both the big mx tracks is great and the best time to ride is after it rains and the sun comes out!
8. Is there a fee to come in and spectate? On race weekends there is a spectator fee which is usually $10-$15 (ages 6 and up depending on the event) per person, per day. We WILL BE implementing a $5 per person spectator fee for daily practice soon to enter our private property to help cover costs of porta-potties, waste removal and general liability purposes as well as building a new building that will house showers/toilets/registration/bike wash stations, ect…. After almost 18 years, it is time 🙂
2 thoughts on “Frequently Asked Questions”
host hotel ? hotels near by ?
I would recommend the Days Inn, Louisburg NC or travel to Wake Forest, NC to stay. I dont recommend anything in Henderson, NC